Since I wrote a mother-themed post for Mother’s Day, I decided to write a Father’s Day post today. My father didn’t read stories to us like my mother did, but he did like to read, and he did use the public library. As I recall he liked to read Westerns, books about the land and agriculture, and historical fiction. We didn’t always talk a lot, but one of the things we could talk about was books. I miss you, Dad.
In honor of Father’s Day, here’s a potpourri of links related (some more loosely than others) to fathers or dads or men, and libraries:
- Father’s Day Storytime (Geelong Regional Library, Australia)
- Father’s Day Book Giveaway (Champaign, Illinois)
- Father’s Day Events at Kern County (California) Library
- Ranganathan, the father of library science
- Mr. Mustache, Another Librarian Blog
- Men of the Stacks Calendar