That’s what celebrities say when they’re nominated for an award. And it is an honor. When I think about the amazing movies and people nominated for the most recent Academy Awards, I’m reminded how sad it is that only one can win in each category. I loved some of the nominees who did not win. It’s kind of like applying for a job—you can be a most amazing candidate, but there can always be someone who is just a little bit better suited, for whatever reason, and they “win” the job and you lose. That’s life I guess. So today, it’s kind of exciting to announce that I’ve been nominated for an “award!” And it’s a different kind of award, because everybody wins! It’s the Liebster Award, given to new blogs with less than 200 followers. In nominating me, my new blog friend, JJZ3, over at Stories in the Struggle, said this about blog awards: “One vehicle among bloggers employed to draw new eyes to blogs which they like is the presentation of various ‘awards,’ like [the Liebster].” By accepting the award, I agree to answer the following questions:
- What’s the story behind your blog name?
I’ve worked in lots of libraries! And my blog is (mostly) about libraries. More information about the reason for my blog name can be found in About and Why “A Life in Libraries?”
- Who is the one person who you think reads most of your posts?
I have no idea! But my friend Marge Loch-Wouters, author of the blog Tiny Tips for Library Fun has commented on my posts more than anyone else, so let’s say it’s Marge.
- Last meal on your last day?
Um. . . pizza? Too boring? Sorry.
- Dog or cat?
- Where do you fall in the birth order in your family? (Oldest, youngest, middle child, etc.)
Youngest. Yup, I’m the “baby.” Does that explain a lot about me?
- Have you ever deleted a post after it has already appeared on your blog? Optional: Why?
Never. Not once. Nope.
- I post mainly via my ________________ (laptop, tablet, phone, desktop, other).
Desktop. I’m old school.
- What is the strangest place you have been in the last year?
I don’t think I’ve been to any strange places in the last year.
- What is the last really kind thing someone did for you?
Our dog started having seizures in January. We’ve had her on medication since February, and added another one in March, but they still aren’t quite under control. Our vet said if she ever has more than one in a day to take her to the emergency veterinary service. My husband is currently gone a lot tending to health and living issues of my mother-in-law with our one and only car. I put out a call to our neighbors in our condo association for back-up drivers if I ever need one. Several people responded and are willing to help out “day or night.”
- What will you do next after you finish answering these questions?
Take a break.
Whew! That was hard! The next requirement is that I share the rules of the award. They are:
- Each nominee must have under 200 followers
- Thank and link to the nominating blog
- Answer their 10 questions and propose 10 new ones for your nominees
- Nominate 10 blogs and tell them that they’ve been nominated
- Write a post containing the questions
- Include these rules in the post
Next, I nominate ten new blogs for the award, and list the ten questions they must answer.
- A Woman’s Woman
- John Eccles: Musings of a Grumpy Northern Bloke
- Who’d Have Thought
- Common Mad and Just Plain Simple
- Albert’s New York
- The Book Blogger
- Debbie’s Deliberations
- L’Inspired Living
And, here are those 10 questions they must answer. Happy blogging!
- Why did you start blogging?
- What time of day do you blog?
- How old are you?
- What are you wearing?
- What’s your favorite color? Why?
- Do you have pets? How many, what kind, and their names?
- Who is your role model/hero(ine), and why?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What’s your favorite song?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Congratulations to you. I loved your answers as well 🙂
Congratulations! These awards are always a fun way to get to know other bloggers a bit better.
Congratulations for your nomination, I think you have been a great help and support in this March class. I would like to say a big thank you especially for all the help you gave me. I hope we will continue to visit each other’s blog. Once again you have bee great.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank so much for the nomination. I do not participate in awards, but I do appreciate the thought.
Pingback: Exciting..:). :). My Blog has been Nominated… | Common, Mad and just Plain Simple ……..
Pingback: You Like Me! You Really Like Me! | sillisoup
Pingback: Recognition at last – Nominated for The Liebster Award | John D Eccles
Congratulations! I have enjoyed this post a lot. And I feel happy not being nominated, je je.
LikeLiked by 1 person