Big things in the news are an opportunity for libraries to showcase their collections and services, and to sponsor special programming.
To tie in with the Olympics you might:
- showcase your library’s collections about Brazil, travel, sports, athletes, past Olympics through:
- your web page
- library displays
- have a local athlete as a speaker
- keep track of the events, and the medals on a whiteboard, poster, screen, or other display
- have a Reading Olympics
To tie in with the elections you might:
- offer resources on how to register, where to vote, etc.
- have displays of books and other resources about past elections, elected officials, etc.
- have programs about famous elections
- don’t forget local elections! have a “meet the candidates” event?
- Here’s some library’s webpages about the upcoming elections:
What’s your library doing?