- I'm a retired librarian, sharing my thoughts about libraries, management, self-improvement, and the world in general. Join the conversation!
Like on Facebook:
Looking for Something?
- So Long, Farewell August 22, 2017
- Communication is Hard August 18, 2017
- Library Photo of the Month–August 2017 August 1, 2017
- New to Managing? July 27, 2017
- Is Your Team Working Together? July 25, 2017
Tag CloudAdvocacy Blogging Books Collections Communication Customer Service Employees Information Services Leadership Library Building Library Funding Library in Community Library Partnerships Library Programs Library Services Library spaces Listening Management Marketing Performance Planning Policies Promotion Public Libraries Services Social Media Strategic Planning Supervision Technology Uncategorized
Other Folks Liked These:
Find me online!
Tag Archives: Library boards
Prepared for the Job
Public libraries in Wisconsin, and probably every other state, are overseen by a board of trustees. We love and need our trustees. But sometimes we forget that they are volunteers, and don’t always know what their job involves/includes. I’m teaching … Continue reading
Library Trustees–an Important Asset
I believe that it is true that members of a public library board, sometimes called trustees, can be the very best tool that library has. I also believe it is imperative to educate them so that they can be as … Continue reading